Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: F-connectors
From: Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 22:12:29 +0000 (UTC)
Jim, K9YC, has some worthy comments. In fact, they are the "possible good
reasons" for not using RG-6 I cite in my original post. :)
Still, I have had a lotta good experience with the stuff over the years (now,
too), and find it difficult to stop using it when I can source 1000-foot spools
of Commscope RG-11 for $60 each on the local black market (left-overs from
skyscraper IT infrastructure contracts).

I have a couple of towers scheduled to go up this summer (after the coming
flood?), so I'm trying to similarly source some hard line scraps, with no
success (yet).
I have mostly been a cost-conscious cable buyer, perhaps not always to my
ultimate benefit. I'm not opposed to using the best possible cable -- just
opposed to paying for it. :)
If cost is no object, by all means go for the gusto.
I would!
Regards,
--Kirk, NT0Z  Rochester, MN

My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available from www.stealthamateur.com
and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)

    On Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:40 PM, mike repinski via TowerTalk