[TowerTalk] Fwd: ground,good or bad ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: ground,good or bad ?
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 18:01:13 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi John,
I believe you have a close to ideal situation regarding grounding. I wouldn't
be surprised if some grounding rods into the clay would work well at RF. I
would just use a "nine tail" groundplane. I have used that extensively at
Fied-days. I have about 10 wires, 10 feet long that I spread out around my tent
as a ground. Never had a problem. (I use a short ground rod for the generator
as you need a good ground at 60Hz for that.)
I believe you have the right ground for a phased antenna and you will not need
chicken wires to improve your ground.
73 de,
Hans - N2JFS