Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 leg insulator question

To: Bruce Meier <bemeier@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 leg insulator question
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:17:27 -0500
Bruce,

I haven't done this but believe an insulating tube over a pier pin and a
sheet of insulating material attached to the bottom of a pier pin base with
the hole in the base plate oversized and hole in the insulator the right
size would be cheap and effective. I might affix about a 6" square of the
insulating material in the center on top of the plate also.   There won't
be a lot of movement in the base of a 130 foot guyed tower with no antennas
installed.  I wouldn't consider anything less than about 3/4" thick for the
insulating plates.

73.. Stan, K5GO