Re: [TowerTalk] Results of Rotor Survey, Non- Prop Pitch

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Results of Rotor Survey, Non- Prop Pitch
From: Don <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 11:58:42 -0700
Points well made Jim.

Would be nice if we could easily read out length of use (a good gauge of how how well something works and lasts) from a lot of our more costly 'stuff' like rotators, xceivers, amps, control boxes and the like, similar to how we read out the odometer in our cars.

Seems this would be a better gauge in making comparisons of products more suited to the odometer idea. Or maybe like aeroplanes, time since last overhaul, when applicable.

Have often thought when considering purchase of a used complex products like a transceiver how much time it has 'on time' vs only seeing terms like excellent condx, non-smoking environment, low-use (whatever that means), although some of these are helpful.

Don T W7WLL