[TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800 Rotor Indicator Problem

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800 Rotor Indicator Problem
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 18:05:03 -0400
All:

The indicator on my Yaesu 2800 rotor has stopped working. I put a Yaesu 1000 control box in line and the same thing happens. I have an Array Solutions lightning protector in line and was told it could be an MOV / CAP that's gone bad on the indicator control line.

If that's not the problem, I'm going to need to test the rotor pots via the cable and was wondering if anyone can pass along the proper procedure.

Thanks,

Tony