Re: [TowerTalk] KF4BWG

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KF4BWG
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:18:22 -0700
The wires can be 0.007" diameter. Not only is the DC resistance higher for stainless, but the ferromagnetic loss at RF can be significant.

https://www.statelinetack.com/item/field-guardian-2in-polytape-classic-14-wire/BXC33/?srccode=GPSLT&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwODlBRDuARIsAMy_28UA2BShpSxPs83FvSIvuOjQW1dQFVyMhvXhgK7CQK05EtlHaYD0YFYaAgg7EALw_wcB

Grant KZ1W

On 4/17/2019 15:42 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

I'm curious what anyone thinks is unique about this antenna.  Yes, it is a bit wider than wire and it appears to roll up easily for changing lengths, but fundamentally it's just an Inverted-V.  I think it's kind of ridiculous that he advertises it as having "more gain".  As far as loss in the stainless steel conductor is concerned, the 18 wires might offset the higher resistance depending upon how thick the wires actually are, but who knows.

If he's still active, his QRZ.com web page says he's on 3976 Khz every morning at 7:45 Tennessee time so WP3C might check there.

73, Dave  AB7E