[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 196, Issue 29

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 196, Issue 29
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:18:09 +0000 (UTC)
>  I'm replacing my old Rohn 25 with the same. Because the embedded basesection
>is rusting, I'll just drill a hole in the concrete and install apier pin. I
>have three questions:
>  1. What kind of adhesive/epoxy should be used to secure the pier pin?
>IsQuikrete High Strength Anchoring Epoxy (8620-31) adequate?
    Sure. Anything will work. There's really no force on the pin - it's just
sitting there - and the chances of any fatal horizontal forces on it are pretty
nil.

>  2. What should I do with the old tower base stumps? My plan was to cutthem
>off flush with the concrete and fill them with some thin concreteto prevent
>water from getting in and freezing. Any better ideas?
    Nope. The best tool for this is a hand grinder with cutting wheels (1/16th
inch thick) and it'll take about 2 minutes.

>  3. Is there anything else I should do to the concrete base where it contacts
>the new tower base? (I'm using the Rohn BPC25G concrete base plate.)
    Not that I know of. Pretty straightforward. GL!
Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH