Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR modeling question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR modeling question
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 17:43:31 -0700

My Optibeam OB16-3 tribander has a similar feed method for the three bands (one feedline) using some square tubing.  It functions as a transmission line, so I calculated the characteristic impedance of the transmission line based upon the diameter of the square tubing and the spacing between them (formulas for square conductors exist online) and then used that figure for two appropriate lengths of transmission line connecting the three feed points in EZNEC+ to model the antenna.  I got results for both pattern and SWR curve on all three bands essentially identical to the ones published by Optibeam.

It worked for me.

73,
Dave   AB7E