Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 01:00:36 -0700
On 6/5/2019 11:26 AM, Bruce Meier wrote:
Would anyone happen to
have an EZNEC+ (V6.0) compatible model, preferable using Rohn 45, that could
be shared?

I found an equation for converting dimensions of a triangular tower to an equivalent radius, and it's on slide 86 of my app note about 160M antennas and ground systems.

http://k9yc.com/160MPacificon.pdf

From there, you need to add conductors for whatever Al on the top of the tower is electrically connected to it.  Nothing in that slide talk is my original work -- I'm simply collecting the good work of others.

73, Jim K9YC