[TowerTalk] CNT400DB UV Resistance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] CNT400DB UV Resistance
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 20:18:20 -0500
I have a source of Andrew CNT400DB, which I was planning to use on the new tower. However, it's a "direct burial" cable, and I'm not sure the jacket is UV resistant. The specs say only that the jacket is "Black Polyethylene", while the non direct burial version is "Nonhalogenated Polyethylene", which I suspect has better UV resistance. I know from experience that the clear polyethylene used for coax center conductors has very low UV resistance. Does anyone have any information or experience with CNT400DB exposed to UV?

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA