Re: [TowerTalk] Tarnished connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n6kt1@sbcglobal.net, Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tarnished connectors
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 17:58:11 +0000 (UTC)

>  Just wondering if anyone has found a way to remove the tarnish off of older
>connectors.?? The tarnish is not effecting the usage, but does distract from
>the appearance.
    It they're silver, the visible silver oxide is a conductor so no need to do
anything.
    Removing the tarnish won't affect the signal so I wouldn't bother. Around
here, the question is whether it makes a difference to the DX station. If it
makes a difference - do it. And the converse is true. Performance trumps
appearance for me.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH