Re: [TowerTalk] Second Tower Placement Recommendation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Second Tower Placement Recommendation
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 18:41:27 -0500
Exactly what I'm doing except for 40M.

-de John NI0K

k7lxc--- via TowerTalk wrote:
   If I had that kind of available tower height and the flexibility to
place them that you do, I'd make the 2nd tower also 150 feet tall and position
it such that a rope between it and the 1st tower pointed to Europe, with enough
distance between the two towers that I could string Inverted-V elements for
either 80m or 160m to make a 3-element wire Yagi hung from the rope.? The coax
to the driven element could be run back along the rope to one of the towers.
     Excellent idea! K7ML in Montana had two 195' rotating towers with a
catenary between them pointing to EU. I think his wire inverted vee beam had 6
or 7 elements on 80M. He also had a high H - normally a good low band antenna.
On the beam, SP7GIQ was S6-8. He was unreadable on the Lazy H.

     BTW there were six F12 C-3s on one tower and four F12 4L 40's on the other
one.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXC