Re: [TowerTalk] Re-Cabling a US Tower HDX555

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re-Cabling a US Tower HDX555
From: Mac <libbysales@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 11:23:45 -0500
Mark you are pretty correct, if indeed your sheave is good and either as a precaution or real need you are wanting to replace ONLY the bearing/s in these sheaves these exact bearings are available and at what can be relative inexpensive, seems like <10.00 each.  We had this very discussion here several months ago and a name associated with a real vendor was offered up,  i did write to him and he responded yes he felt he had ample stock [800 or so on hand] and proffered a price .

Now the dumb part i save it [information] just forgot where i save it, but i will look and find it,  but again not terribly expensive, but yes these are pressed into the respective sheave and then peened, staked, or dimpled to the sheave body, with the idea the the bearing does not turn solo inside the sheave.

So your effort would be to press out the effected or desired bearing and press in the new ones, and i would encourage you to just do all of them, while there are more than you think at first glance its a small price to pay for the security and additional life expectancy of this important aspect of your tower.

I will search again and find the contact and address and post it here..

best and 73: mac/mc w5mc