Re: [TowerTalk] 160-meter tree test, before and after

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160-meter tree test, before and after
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 16:21:27 -0700
On 9/11/2019 3:56 PM, Jon Zaimes via TowerTalk wrote:
What we found was there was no significant change in SWR, resonant
frequency, impedance, etc., when the trees were there and when they were
removed.

But remember that while the parameters you measured can easily be measured in multiple ways with varying degrees of accuracy, it doesn't mean much. What matters a LOT more are variations in the magnitude and phase in each of the array elements relative to each other WHEN those trees were at their full height. Also the difference in far field field strength before and after. And they're NOT so easy to measure. :)

FWIW, I would expect any effects to be most prominent in the nulls, and maybe not matter much in the main lobe.

73, Jim K9YC