Re: [TowerTalk] looking for good coax for 6m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] looking for good coax for 6m
From: "Lou Laderman" <lladerman@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:05:14 -0500
I agree with Dave. It really depends on the length of your run, and your
tolerance for loss. Your portable operation has a relatively short run, and
as you noted weight and cable size may be more important than loss
characteristics (to a point).  I chose LMR600 type cable for my
tower-station run and the flexible variety for the run up my crank-up tower
because my desire for lower loss overrode the cost factor. If you can swing
it, larger diameter hard line to the tower is even better, but it more per
foot, more difficult to deal with and "proper" connectors are very
expensive.

73,

Lou, W0FK

Message: 3