Re: [TowerTalk] 40m, 7200-7300 SW broadcast ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40m, 7200-7300 SW broadcast ?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 06:46:43 -0700
On 9/19/19 6:01 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
For  you folks  on  the  WEST coast,  how  much  SW  AM  broadcast activity do
you hear  at NIGHT,  on  7200-7300 khz ??
I  can not listen  on  40m  at  the  moment.   IF  7200-7300  is  chockfull of
broadcast junk, I would be  inclined to  focus on
7000-7200.   But being a ssb ragchewer,  and  occasional cw op,  IF  the
entire  300  khz is  useable, I  will  opt  to
to  install the  myriad of  vac  relay  boxes onto the  yagi.    If  7200-7300
is a nightly  mess,  it  would  be  pointless
to  install any  of  it.

You might want to check out some of the online SDRs and tune around
http://www.websdr.org/

here's one in Half Moon Bay, CA
http://69.27.184.62:8901/

in Utah (not exactly on the coast, I grant you, but definitely west of the Rockies)
http://www.sdrutah.org/websdr1.html

You can easily look at 7.2-7.3 and listen
Right now the Half Moon Bay (7AM PDT) SDR looks like the band is pretty busy with AM broadcast from the Far East.