[TowerTalk] TB-2US

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TB-2US
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:21:51 -0400
Good evening, Towertalkians,

I've got a pretty cruddy TB-2US that I'm soaking.  I've removed it from the top of my TX-455.  It's never been serviced and will spin somewhat freely after a good dosing of PBlaster.  Upon turning the assembly over, I can visualize a ring (just like a ring in a piston cylinder) that sits inside of the housing and it appears to hold the bearing captive.  The ring has close to a 3/4" gap in it.  I'll get a better idea of when I'm looking at when some of the crud has dissolved.

Question:  Once this thing has has a good scrubbing, would it be fair to assume that the ring could be popped out of the assembly with a screw driver - freeing-up the bearing?

Thanks & 73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC