[TowerTalk] Verticals above chain Link fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals above chain Link fence
From: <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 21:52:49 -0500
Getting ready for another contesting season from my Postage stamp size City
Lot.  In previous years I have installed a winter antenna (Steppir Vertical) in
the rear yard as a second antenna to the tower mounted beams. In the past I
have had had so-so success laying out 50-60 radials around the base of the
antenna.. The problem is there is a lot of ground clutter such as trees and
wooden fence in close proximity to the antenna.

I was considering mounting the antenna about 13-15 above the ground and above a
7 foot high chain link fence. I was then planning on using 2-3 resonant radials
on each band (40/30/20/15 forget about 10m).

Has anyone had any experience with a similar configuration? Obviously keeping
the radials away from the fence would be important.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Ed VE4VT