Re: [TowerTalk] A Couple of Rotor/Coax Cable Questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A Couple of Rotor/Coax Cable Questions
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 13:07:40 -0500
The cables that came with my Yaesu G-2800 DXA rotators over 15 years ago were gray PVC so this sounds correct. The cables and rotators worked perfectly in Aruba. All of the multiconductor control cables that I have at my NC station are also gray. What is the concern regarding color?

John KK9A

Mike & Becca K9MK wrote:

Greetings,

Years back I acquired a Yaesu 2800 series rotor. IIRC the control cable was a pre-fabbed black jacketed PVC type cable.

A local is selling a NOS/NIB G2800 and I noticed the control cable is a gray color now, and the cable is quite flexible. Having a bad experience with gray jacketed coax before I was wondering if anyone has a Yaesu 2800 rotor with this type of control cable on their tower now, and how it is holding up?

Thanks

73's  Mike K9MK/5