Re: [TowerTalk] Coax is too long

To: David Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax is too long
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 15:46:07 -0500
Dave,

You should decide based on how much extra coax you have, the frequency band
where it is being used and the extra loss as to whether you want to cut it
or not.  Certainly there is nothing wrong with coiling it up and, for
example, if it's 25 feet of good quality coax and you are using it on 40m
it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

A previous response mentioned 200 feet and 440 MHz.  I didn't see that
information given by you but obviously if it's even an extra 25 feet and
you are using it on 440 MHz, it would be worth cutting it due to reduction
in loss.

73...Stan, K5GO