[TowerTalk] Tower Guy Calculations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Guy Calculations
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 08:51:25 -0600
Does anybody know of a tool for calculating the forces associated with
sizing guy wires on a tower? It feels to me that this would lend itself
rather easily to a spreadsheet where one could enter the variables of his
installation and the spreadsheet would spit out the results.
I found a few rudimentary calculators on line but they don't seem to quite
take it all the way.

Any engineers out there willing to share something like this? I think it
would be very useful to anybody who has or is contemplating the
construction of a guyed tower. I personally know of a few installations
that look like a catastrophe waiting to happen and not being an engineer or
tower erector I am having a tough time convincing the owners of these
installations that they should make some improvements.

73
Tom Hellem
K0SN