[TowerTalk] Wasps in the Fall?

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wasps in the Fall?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:04:19 -0500
A couple of years ago, around this time, I chose a beautiful fall day to do
some tower work. But as I got up there, the area was swarming with red wasps.
They didn’t seem aggressive, but I beat a hasty exit. 2-3 h later, they’d
vanished. I saw the same thing today: it seemed they were trying to go into
booms and masts. They couldn’t get into booms because the ends are screened,
but there were a LOT of them. 3-3 h later, they’d vanished. Anyone else see
this sort of thing? Any idea what’s going on?

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith