Re: [TowerTalk] VSWR Changes with Power

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] VSWR Changes with Power
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 13:41:08 -0700
On 10/20/2019 12:49 PM, ed_richardson@shaw.ca wrote:
I will start sniffing around for a parasitic or harmonic.  The amp is a
solid state 1 kw model that according to the manufacturer is unconditionally
stable. I will see what shows up spectrally.

Hi Ed,

I would look first for issues with coax connectors, like junk connectors, connectors that are not wrench-tight, poorly soldered shields. Also, I would look carefully at bonding in your station and in your home. Study http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf or N0AX's recent ARRL book on the topic of grounding and bonding, which incorporates the concepts in the pdf.

73, Jim K9YC