[TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material

To: "Tower and HF Antenna Construction Topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>, "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material
From: Roger Parsons via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 01:40:11 +0000 (UTC)
K9YC wrote:

<The thing he missed, and that I also missed until recently, is the effect of
component tolerances. >

Sorry for the delay in responding - I was away.

I was aware around 40 years ago that certain (but not all) mixtures for
ferrites were subject to significant variation in some parameters between
batches (although not generally within the same batch). This was based on
published information from Neosid (a significant European manufacturer), and
this I believe was general knowledge amongst those working in that field. I
would imagine that processing has improved since then, but this must still be
to some extent true.

So no, I don't believe that Steve missed anything.

73 Roger
VE3ZI