[TowerTalk] China Production Quality

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] China Production Quality
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 11:16:12 -0800
On 11/5/2019 4:21 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
Gripe all you want but you've used a few examples to try to refute a
generalization that has basis in fact.

For almost 15 years, Thinkpads have been my computer of choice, first in my biz, now as a ham and for personal use. I chose them because of their quality and reliability. They are made in China.

Last I heard, all of Apple's mfg is in China.

According to Fair-Rite's own information, they own their Chinese factories, and they have been manufacturing in China for more than a decade.

Repeating a much earlier post in this thread:

Many (many) years ago I was a component engineer at Collins Radio with responsibility for passive components, including ferrite cores. I was told by the core vendor that fabricating them was best likened to baking bread ... with all the potential variability that entailed.

73,
Dave   AB7E

73, Jim K9YC