[TowerTalk] JK301 30M Dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] JK301 30M Dipole
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 08:47:10 -0800
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 12:50:54 -0800
From: Elliott Lawrence <wa6tla@icloud.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

<I have a12 year old Force12 30M linearly loaded dipole.  It works fine when
the local sea air doesn?t cause the loading wire connections to corrode making
the antenna unusable.  I?m tried of needing to repair the antenna every few
years!

<Im considering a JK301 that uses loading coils and should be much more
reliable.  If someone has any experience with this antenna,  I would appreciate
any comments.  The JK Antenna website doesn?t show any access to the assembly
manual that I would like <to see before any purchase.  I have made a request
for the manual from JK Antenna but so far no response.

<Thanks es 73,
<Elliott WA6TLA

##  How  long  is  the  F12  30m  dipole....tip to  tip ?    How  far  out  are
the  oem  F12  insulators in  each  ele  half ?

## another  option  is  to  toss  all  the  LL  wires,  and  wind  hb
coils....  strapped  across  the  oem  F12  insulators in  each  leg.  Summitt
racing  and  also  Mc master carr  sell  AL  tubing,  3003  alloy,  in  rolls.
Everything  from  15-50  ft  rolls.  Any  diam  from  .1875  up  to  .625
   .1875  od  would  be ample.

##  Then  use  a single Dacron truss for each ele  half.   Inboard  ends  of
each  dacron  truss can  terminate  on  the  mast.

##  still  another  option  is a hb  full sized  rotary  dipole.  Aprx 46-47
ft  long.     I already  designed  FS  30m eles  using  DXEs.....  yagi
mechanical.   1.75 inch  OD  down to .375 OD  tips.   Good  for  >  100
mph.....  and  .5 inch  ice +  40 mph.

##  30m  band  is  only  50  khz  wide...  that  alone  simplifies the  ant.
Then  just a helical   haipin  across  the  feedpoint.....  +  CM  choke.

Jim  VE7RF