Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Old Hardline

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Old Hardline
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 13:04:01 -0500
LDF4 is the same as it always was.

It's the larger sizes where they are using a thinner shield. AVA5 took the place of LDF5, AVA7 is the new 1-5/8", etc.

AVA cable has lower loss, but you can't drive a car over it like you can LDF cable.

Still it's not THAT fragile - we've installed many thousands of feet on cell towers and never had a problem.

OTOH RFS is still making the robust cable, and at a very good price, so if you're buying new, it's a no brainer.

-Steve K8LX