[TowerTalk] Tower safety presentation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower safety presentation
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 16:07:11 +0000 (UTC)
Howdy, TowerTalkians -
    This is a terrific and sobering look at tower safety. It's over an hour
long, so put aside some time to watch it. It's well done and should be required
viewing for any tower activity. And tnx to Jim, K1IR for doing all the research
and putting it on.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH

From Dave Siddal, K3ZJ -
>  Below is a link to an excellent talk about tower safety recently presentedby
>K1IR, Jim Idelson.  Jim presents what a HAM needs to know and provides aclear
>explanation of today's safety equipment, which is greatly improvedsince my
>first tower climb years ago with an old lineman's belt.
>  I have been surprised to see hams still relying on their decades-old beltsto
>climb towers.  This is especially distressing given the middle and
>evenadvanced ages of many ham climbers.  For those of you who climb, this
>videois for you.  I urge you to make an investment in your own safety so
>thatJim will be less likely to be adding your callsign to his analysis.
LINK:  https://tinyurl.com/rtsldze
73, Dave K3ZJ