[TowerTalk] Broken slingshot repair - alternatives?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Broken slingshot repair - alternatives?
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 14:28:55 -0500
The many thoughts and suggestions that I received were quite helpful, but no
solution so far.

I have ruled out:

tire inner tube - quality and elasticity of rubber no longer adequate
latex surgical tubing - no surgical supply house or medical supply place
carries it and what is on Amazon is too thin walled and breaks easily.

I have looked at Therabands – which appears to possibly have both the strength
and “snap” for what I need.  However it is only 1/8” od rather than the 1/4” od
that I need.

Question:

Have any of you tried tying the bands on a slingshot and then been successful
in using it?  Perhaps you can share the tying/cutting techniques on the bands
that you have used so that I can use them too.

Question #2:

I am considering the use of a drone to fly over the tree and then using a
release mechanism of some sort, drop the 2 oz lead sinker attached to 30 lb
fishing test and then pull that through the tree.

If any of you have done this successfully, what drone model with what
accessories would you recommend for this purpose?  What wind speeds are
tolerable to the drone and in what temperatures can they operate successfully
and safely?

Tnx & 73

Bob  KQ2M