Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking 4-squares ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking 4-squares ?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 19:20:33 -0800
On 11/25/19 4:34 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:

I also need to correct myself.  I think I may have said down "10db from
locals, yada yada" I should quantify that a little bit by saying that AT

Mike VE9AA..20m 4-square, 40m 4-square, 80m 4-Square, (160m is just a low
inverted L at the moment) and my 15m VDA fell into a heap mere hours after
CQWW due to icebuildup and some winds up here on the Ridge.

You know, Radio Canada International, at the head of the Bay of Fundy, solved that problem by running amps of AC line current through their big curtain array to melt the ice.

And, they were in the middle of the proverbial salt marsh to boot (although in midwinter, that may have been partly frozen.