Re: [TowerTalk] rope strength

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rope strength
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 10:54:39 -0600
On 12/1/2019 11:40 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:

The second problem is there is a lot of friction in the pulleys. I've seen tests for hardware store ones where the output tension is only half of the input tension.

I can confirm that. When I put up my Rohn 25 last summer, I pulled the rope to lift the sections. I can tell you it took a whole lot more than 40 pounds of tension to lift them. Obviously, the pulley on the Rohn gin pole was not one of the good ones.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA