Re: [TowerTalk] rope strength - Knot Expert

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rope strength - Knot Expert
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:42:22 -0600
Amen to the bowline.  When I was teaching public education classes for the US Coast Guard Auxiliary I taught all my classes to tie a bowline around their waist with one hand to hold the line and the other to tie the knot.  Should you end up overboard in the water someone could toss you a line but how long could you hold on to a wet slippery rope while being towed along?  A bowline will not slip and squeeze you.  One tied around your waist can be a life saver. Also useful in climbing.

Patrick        NJ5G