Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors, down the tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors, down the tower
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 14:59:38 -0800
On 12/29/2019 1:38 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
Again, thoughts?

Forgot to address jumpers inside the shack. Several years ago, I replaced a mish-mash of jumpers with Buryflex. Very good coax, but I have a LOT of antennas and "stuff" inside the shack, and it was eating up a lot of space. A year or so ago, after working with RG400 on my common mode choke project, I replaced all the jumpers with that cable. It's a lot neater behind the operatng desk now. Connectors are all 83-1SP Amphenol with silver reducers. Silver connector, reducer, and silver-coated copper braid makes them very easy to solder well.

73, Jim K9YC