[TowerTalk] Help Needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help Needed
From: Tony Rogozinski <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 20:27:49 -0500
Although I've been on the air since 1957 I've seldom used a vertical antenna but now seems to  be the time.  We spend several months annually here in

Colombia where I am HK4T.  Our apartment is located on the top floor of a 6 story building and  I have a 30' mast on the roof above where I installed a

Carolina Windom some years ago which doesn't work well at this location.  I would like to install a multi band vertical which would be elevated at the

top of that mast or lower if better.  Looking for suggestions on choice of antenna, I know that there are several available.  And, when the antenna is

ready to be installed should it be put at the top of the mast or lower and how many radials per band.....I guess 2 at a minimum but would more really

help that much.  The top of the mast is about 80' above ground level if that matters.  Pretty basic stuff to many but new to me.   Thanks.