Re: [TowerTalk] RW 90 Wire, UV proof type , DAVIS RF Co. TowerTalk Dig

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RW 90 Wire, UV proof type , DAVIS RF Co. TowerTalk Digest, Vol 205, Issue 8
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 19:57:32 +0000
Ref. my learned acquaintance, Jim, VE7RF,   "  see  they  also  make  an
outdoor  version  of  RW-90,  waterproof, UV  proof. "

For most any outer jacket material, if the rating is 105 Deg. C, it is going to
be UV proof.  So yes, if you go the RW-90 route, be sure the rating is 105 C.
RW-90 is an expensive route to take when you can obtain PE jacketed (UV, water,
oil and certain chems proof)   wire (# 13, 18 or 26 (#  26 for kite and balloon
antennas, etc) AWG  from DAVIS RF, at much more economical cost (See
PolyStealth Tm antenna wires, 19 strand copper-weld for strength and reasonable
flexibility).  Bare wires, # 10, #  12 copperweld stranded or solid also
available, as well as Flex-Weave Tm.   DAVISRF.com       73, Steve,  K1PEK
(Noted Tm's are trademarks of DAVIS RF Co.)