[TowerTalk] Fiber ethernet alternative - Ubiquity Nanobeam

To: J D <donovanj@gmail.com>,Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fiber ethernet alternative - Ubiquity Nanobeam
From: Bill Cotter <n4lg@qx.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 09:08:46 -0500
A very inexpensive alternative to fiber optic cabling is to consider the use of Ubiquity Nanobeam microwave transceivers in a bridge mode to extend your ethernet.

I use a pair of NBE-5AC-GEN2 devices to link our home wired/wireless network to my shop building's wired/wireless network. Best yet is only one SSID for three AP's - no switching wireless networks when roaming.

For less than $100 each, these 5gHz transceivers have a throughput of 450mBs and a line-of-sight range in miles. They connect with ordinary CAT6 cabling.

https://www.ui.com/airmax/nanobeamm/

They are sold by Amazon and other retailers. No digging, conduit or weatherproofing. No lightning threat either.

73 Bill N4LG