Re: [TowerTalk] G-2800 vs tailtwister bolt pattern

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-2800 vs tailtwister bolt pattern
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 18:47:39 -0500
45 degrees doesn’t work because of the pattern of the TX-2 (which is basically
an 8 bolt pattern, minus two bolts). You are best rotating 22.5 degrees, which
puts you half way between the TX-2 pattern.
The plate I make bolts onto the bottom of the Yaesu (the mounting bolts are
counterbored in), and has the TX-2 mounting pattern (or I also do it for the
Ham IV, which is four 1/4-20 bolts, and can be rotated 45 degrees). Has the
advantage of doing all the work on the ground. Btw, the stack of the adaptor
and the g-2800 comes out about an inch shorter than the TX-2, and smaller in
diameter

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie