Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic, component values and replacement par

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic, component values and replacement part numbers
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 08:51:22 -0600
To each his own.  I have four of the ICE 419 units (two spares) and have
used them on many DXpeditions.  Yes, they can be troublesome to operate and
fix, but my experience is failure is most often caused by poor operation,
forgetting to switch band on the 410 while changing the radio band.  They
also do not work well with poor antennas (high SWR).  This has been
mitigated somewhat by using the Bandmaster from Array Solutions to
automatically switch the 419.  BTW, I use these with two 200 watt radios
(Kenwood TS-480HX), and have operated at full power RTTY.

73, Keith NM5G