Re: [TowerTalk] Harmonics rectification in bearings or Pro.Sis. Tel roto

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harmonics rectification in bearings or Pro.Sis. Tel rotors?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 12:38:09 -0800
On 2/8/2020 3:42 AM, SM0HRP Kari Gustafsson wrote:
I have discovered what it seems like rectification in my HD Alu Tower where
on the top there is antenna ball bearing thrust (SKF) below a 61D Prosistel
rotor. I used various techniques to pin poin to the tower.

Several years ago, W3LPL alerted the ham community to the issue of passive intermod as a source of harmonics, identifying the junction of boom to mast through the rotator and switch mode power supplies as common culprits. As has been noted by others in this thread, the solution for rotators is to bond around them. The solution to SMPS is to search out and destroy.

73, Jim K9YC