Re: [TowerTalk] Pelican case for outdoor use

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pelican case for outdoor use
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 11:21:22 +0700
Thanks for all the useful information.

The cases I have are about 30"x20"x11" they have the breathable vent and a back plate with pull handle and wheels. The back plate is held on by 12 large Roberts head screws and once removed the mounting stubs will allow me to fix mounting bars. The base of the tower is about 54" across so it will fit well enough. There are two large holes for padlock fixing so it can be secured though that is not a problem here.

I plan to use cable glands for access rather than mount coaxial sockets on the outside, more weather protection hassle. I plan 4 runs of 1/2" corrugated outer like LDF4-50A plus a couple of RG213, control cables and a 220v AC power. It looks like all of that will fit on a long side face of the case.

Inside I will mount one or two Aluminium plates with everything bonded by through transit bolts to external 6" wide copper strap rising from the ground system.

Just need to see if the I can get to the metal supply shop and if they are open.

Thanks again
Martin, HS0ZED