Re: [TowerTalk] Tic Ring 1022

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tic Ring 1022
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 13:03:06 -0500
If I understand the TIC models correctly a 1022 has a 22" ID gear ring. I do not believe that the mast clamp is much longer than that so I am guessing that this JK antenna will fit. Sometimes you have to shift the antenna slightly along the boom for elements to clear the tower or v mast clamp and then add weights to balance it. If you do this and want to phase your antennas you should shift all of them on the same tower. If your TIC ring rotates 160 degrees that you need it will also have 360 degrees of rotation unless you have something else in the way.

GL
John KK9A

George Skoubis W7GES wrote:

I’m putting up a 2 stack of JK Mid-Tri antennas.

I was able to purchase a 1022 Tic-Ring for the bottom antenna but I’m waiting for the manual to be scanned and emailed to me.

In the meantime the JK Mid-Tri has a 30 inch spacing at the boom mount point.

Can anyone with a 1022 tell me if a 30 inch spacing is adequate or they needed more?

JK called me yesterday and I want to get back to them so they can get the antenna manufactured

I don’t need 360 of rotation, I’m thinking an azimuth that covers from 160-310 would be ok and anything more would be great. That would cover Japan Europe and the Caribbean from here in AZ.

I appreciate all the time and effort put in to the posts on this reflector. It’s a great resource for those of us that don’t have the experience or electronic / engineering / mechanical know how that is shared here.

George / W7GES