[TowerTalk] FW: Help With Ham IV Rotator

To: "'Tower Talk'" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Help With Ham IV Rotator
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 01:51:50 -0500
Hi Mike,

I believe the wires are color coded as follows:

Pin 1 Black (heavy gauge) = ground
Pin 2 White (heavy gauge) = brake
Pin 3 Green = azimuth feedback reference (potentiometer CCW side)
Pin 4 Blue = motor capacitor (CCW winding)
Pin 5 Orange = motor run CW
Pin 6 Yellow = motor run CCW
Pin 7 Brown = azimuth feedback signal (potentiometer CW side)
Pin 8 Red = motor capacitor (CW winding)

I have seen some older models factory wired where Pin 2 was yellow and Pin 7
was white however Pin 2 is easily confirmed by its heavier gauge wire.    I
have also seen Pin 4 on the older models as purple instead of blue.

Email me direct if you need a wiring diagram.

Hope this helps & good luck on your project.

73
Matt
KM5VI