Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone have experience using Davis bury-flex as their ro

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone have experience using Davis bury-flex as their rotor loop
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 07:18:47 -0500
This is confusing because the subject does not match the contents of the post. When people reply that this coax has worked well for them for years I wonder which coax they are referring to - Bury-FLEX or LMR-400? I purchased LMR-400 to make temporary antenna cables and I found it to be quite stiff, at least compared to the Belden RG-213 that I have used for years. So I sold it and bought LMR-400UF which is much more flexible but unfortunately not good for long term outdoor exposure.

If cost is not a factor, what is the best rotator loop coax for HR? What do the big stations like K3LR, K1LZ, W3LPL, etc use?

John KK9A

Pete Raymond N4KW wrote:

I  plan to run LMR 400 up to the top of the tower, and the lowest loss
coax for the remaining antennas on the mast. It's advertised as being
flexible and capable of being used as a rotor loop.  Have you used it
this way?
73, Pete, N4KW