[TowerTalk] Stupid rotor question.....

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stupid rotor question.....
From: Mark Foltarz via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 22:47:15 +0000 (UTC)
Group,I am new to using rotors and I have a dumb question : Will the rotor
brake work if the rotor is on its side ?

Specifically, I am installing a hex beam and I noticed that I could rotate the
shaft  while the tower is lowered with the rotor parallel to the ground.
I hooked up the rotor cable and box.  and was able to drive the rotor and
clearly the brake solenoid would engage.So, I removed the rotor and put it on
the bench. When I removed the cover and exposed the solenoid and wedge,
everything looks fine.
The rotor is a Ham M series with upgraded  steel gear.
TNXde KA4JVYMark