Re: [TowerTalk] Alliance HD-73 Rotator U-Bolt

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alliance HD-73 Rotator U-Bolt
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 06:26:51 -0500
McMaster-Carr has a great selection of U-Bolts but I doubt that you will find one that is 1/4 diameter with a 3" C-C. %/16 would be a better bolt choice if it could be made to fit the clamp.

John KK9A

Gary KK0SD wrote

Greetings,

Last summer someone in the club decided tighter is better and mangled the threads on the U-Bolt that is part of the mast clamp on the club's Alliance HD-73 rotator. It is Alliance part number X-19434-B.

An email to Norm's got a message back saying they will only sell the whole clamp assembly.

A trip to several hardware stores has not turned up anything that fits.

I am not a machinist, but my measurements say the holes it goes through are at most ¼ inch in diameter. They are 3 inches apart center to center.

I would love to find something the same original shape, but I think a standard U-Bolt shape should work.

Anyone know where to get something that works?

Thanks and 73,
Gary "Joe" kk0sd