[TowerTalk] Stacked Yagis on Tower Legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked Yagis on Tower Legs
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 09:20:58 -0700
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 13:23:05 -0700
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacked Yagis on Tower Legs

<I admit my statics expertise is a bit ancient but I don't understand the
<reasoning for the CW of attaching swing arms to multiple legs for
<"structural reasons".  So educate me if my analysis is missing something.

<Grant KZ1W

##  There was a note in  qst years ago, where a fellow mounted a 4 el
40m  KLM  yagi  to just one  tower leg using  Rohn-25 G.   It was
fixed in one direction.  It ripped the tower leg, sheared through, busted the
welds etc.
That was a huge windstorm, big ant..and a small tower, with small diameter 1.25
inch
tubing legs.  And leg wall thickness is very thin.

##  some angle steel, or angle aluminum, spanning an entire face..and on  2 x
faces,
clamped in 4 x places  would ensure it all  remains intact.  Then repeat for
2nd brace.

Jim  VE7RF