Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna choice

To: "'Richard Thorne'" <rthorne@rthorne.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna choice
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 15:51:08 -0400
Hello Rich:

Another data point from here. I have a rotatable M2 80 meter dipole with K7ZV
very hi Q coils in the centers of each half element mounted at 245 feet (a
little less than one wavelength above ground). The dipole is 108 feet long. A
good ground mounted 4 square here beats the dipole by 4 to 5 dB on most DX
signals. When I use the two 4 squares here in phase the difference is 8 dB in
favor of the phased 4 squares.

73
Tim K3LR