[TowerTalk] Ham II rotor mounting holes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham II rotor mounting holes
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 22:07:17 -0400
I have a Tailtwister that needs to come down for limit switch and indicator
problems.  I have a Ham II rotor that I am going to temporary put in its
place.

Will the Ham II rotor's four mounting bolts fit in the same four holes that
are drilled for the Tailtwister?

The Ham II's holes are 3 inches apart, but the template I have for the
Tailtwister measures about 2.9 inches.  Is the template distorted?

Twisting the Ham II and re-drilling the holes is a problem because the
opening for the control wires is cut in the rotor plate.

So, is my solution to twist the rotor, drill new holes and put standoff's
between the Ham II rotor and the mounting plate to accommodate the control
cable?  I'm not happy doing it this way.

This rotor plate is custom built that fits in the # 5 section of the Rohn
HBX tower series.

Other solutions?

Jim - KR9U