[TowerTalk] TH11 on Rohn 45 Side Mount

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH11 on Rohn 45 Side Mount
From: Edward Seeliger <eseeliger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
Good afternoon Mike.

I have had a TH11 mounted on a TIC ring rotator on the side of my Rohn 45G
tower for > 10 years.

It is mounted on the TIC mast adaptor on the TIC ring.
It is attached to the mast adaptor between the 2nd and 3rd driven elements from
the rear (they are labeled 17DE and 15 DE on the assembly diagram - that
happens to be where the diagram shows the boom to mast adaptor placed) using
the Hygain supplied boom to mast clamp. I have it attached so there is 2-3
inches clearance between each of the elements and the tower legs as the
ring/antenna rotates. For additional insulation I wrapped these elements with
black electrical tape where they are in close proximity to the tower legs.

This is NOT the weight balance center point so I added lead weights to the
forward boom for weight balance.

I cannot say if this mounting distorts the pattern but it has worked well for
me over all the years.
I hope this helps.

Edd - KD5M