[TowerTalk] Problem with M2 Orion controller

To: undefined <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problem with M2 Orion controller
From: Wilson Lamb <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 12:09:58 -0400 (EDT)
I don't know anything at all about the equipment you mention, BUT...
I'm quarantined, so have time to butt in.
Being familiar with control systems in general, I'd say it's unlikely you have
a counter in your rotator.
Most designers will limit what's in the remote, inaccessible equipment.
I expect there's a cam driven switch in the rotator and a counter in the
controller.
Remember the early TV rotators that matched up control and antenna positions
with a solenoid "counter" that made a loud mechanical clack clack sound as the
antenna rotated?
It was primitive, but most anyone could work on it and there was no delicate
silicon and no software.
Not a bad idea...
WL